This logo update took roughly 3 weeks give or take.
It takes some form of courage to actually tell you that, because now you’ll know exactly how much work was involved in a seemingly simple ‘update’ not even a full out brand new project 🙈
Now, if you’re a speedy creator that’s going to sound super long to you and if you aren’t a regular basis creator, don’t be discouraged and think that you shouldn’t begin! I’m a slow ‘from mind to paper’ maker and I’ve had to accept that fact 🤪
I say three weeks but in truth it was right around 10 solid hours of ACTUAL pen to paper kind of work and weeks of it being on my minds back burner.
Thinking about doing it, wanting to, procrastinating, starting, giving up and then doing it all in two days when I finally sat down to give it a real go 😏
I do not like leaving a project unfinished once I begin, so mix that with taking my sweet time to make things and you see where it’s not the best mix😉
Anyways, the update itself.
I would like to think that I’ve grown as a maker since February 2016 ( I didn’t even realize till right now that I’d created the original logo in the same month 😳) so looking at my old logo kind of made me cringe at its lack of ‘finesse’ 😉
That and the desire to add in a couple little details to help blend it in with my life and personality 💕
- A gem for .. ‘drumroll’ JEM 😏💎👌🏻
- ‘Jemstory’ because as I have explained before, our initials are J and M and the Dutch word for ‘and’ is ‘en’… giving you JEM.
- Wheat is a newly added feature to represent Saskatchewan
- Coffee beans pleasingly scattered to include my love of that beverage
- Seashells & starfish. Enough said 😏🐚 (I love shell hunting if you’re new around here 😉)
- The globe to encompass the husband and I’s roots, relationship & our travels
- The ‘EST 2015’ is our year of marriage 💍
- The lemons because I LOVE sour things and they are cute 🤪
- The pineapple (note the hearts that make up the inside pattern?😉) keeps a place in life and heart for my dear friend who passed away 🍍💞
- The floral bits do help fill in blank space but they are also such a big part of the travel experiences and in my imagination maybe they are representative of SOME type of rose, for my middle name 😂
And there you have it! A detailed description of what my logo and branding, mean to me 😁
Here’s a link to the original post -> The Jemstory Logo ☺️